Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bruschetta Chicken Bake and Freestyle Apple Tart

Yum...Dinner. I just received my free fall Kraft Food Magazine - I love this magazine. Instantly I was drawn to the cover recipe. Bruschetta Chicken Bake...looks great and better yet it says 10 minute prep time. So, I ran to Kroger, picked up the ingredients (which normally I would have here but I really need to clean out my pantry and go grocery shopping) and got started. Seriously - it only took 10 minutes to make and then 30 to cook! It was pretty good - I'd add more liquid to the stuffing next time and I made sure to salt and pepper the chicken - I also used tomato with basil, oregano and garlic already in them, but it was easy and fast. I also made a super quick and simple dessert - that looks much more extravagant than it was to make!




Bruschetta Chicken Bake



Prep Time:10 min Total Time:40 min
Makes:6 servings, 1 cup each

What You Need
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese

Make It
HEAT oven to 400°F. Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.
LAYER chicken, basil, cheese and stuffing in 3-qt. or 13x9-inch baking dish.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy now or cover and refrigerate. To reheat, microwave each serving on HIGH 2 to 3 min.



Nutrition Infomation - Calories 300, Total Fat - 7 g, Fiber - 2g


And for dessert...



Freestyle Apple Tart




Prep Time:15 min Total Time:40 min
Makes:8 servings, 1 piece each

What You Need
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg.)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3 red and/or green apples (1-1/4 lb.), thinly sliced
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

Make It
HEAT oven to 450ºF. Line 9-inch pie plate with crust. Carefully spread cream cheese in 6-inch circle in center.
TOSS apples with sugar and flour; spoon over cream cheese. Fold crust partially over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
BAKE 25 min., covering loosely with foil for the last 5 min. Cool. Serve with COOL WHIP. Refrigerate leftovers.

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Substitute
Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Note
For best results, use baking apples for this recipe, such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious and McIntosh.

1 comment:

Nemeth family said...

Yum-o! I am so glad that you and mom told me to sign up for this magazine. I saw a lot of things that I want to try in there. I am determined to get better about making good dinners again. We have been struggling. But I thought maybe I could have Bill look thru the magazine and pick out a couple things to try every couple weeks. Oh, and that layered brownie in that issue looks SO good! And I will try the apple tart after we get some fresh apples.