Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fruit Flies and Clogged Drains

I hate bugs, but I guess I hate them less than Casey, becuase I am the spider squisher, bee killer, bug exterminator around this house. I guess I don't mind most bugs, but fruit flies just gross me out... I bought Casey some bananas last week because he complained that I never buy them and now we have fruit flies - yuck! And a whole bunch of bananas because he has ate NONE! So now I have bowls of vinegar all over the kitchen to 'catch' those little critters and the bananas went to the freezer for a future loaf of banana bread (the only way I like bananas!)

And I am also the plumber around here, which makes me laugh seeing as he is a licensed plumber. I use things like coat hangers, tweezers and baking soda/vinegar to clear clogs, while he uses nothing, because he never helps. So now I have a slow drain in the bathtub. I KNOW it's a hair clog becuase I shed hair in the shower. I picked out as much as I could, I used 10 minute Hair Clog remover, boiling water and baking soda/vinegar and STILL it's not draining well... If you have any suggestions, this amateur plumber could use some!

2 comments:

Nemeth family said...

LOL! I hate fruit flies too and I can never figure out where they come from. And our tub is always clogged too--we just use extra strength Drano--it works for a while. But if you want Casey to help, tell him you are going to call a PLUMBER and PAY him to come and fix the tub. That will get him moving!

sjponte15 said...

No better yet, I'll tell him I'm going to call his Dad! Ha Ha!